How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on any Samsung J7 device? Some of the Samsung Galaxy J7 devices were launched with Android Marshmallow such as Samsung J7 Prime, J7 Sky Pro and many other Samsung Galaxy J7 Models. Screen Overlay Error usually appears in Android Marshmallow device and if this error is appearing in your Samsung J7 device then Android Marshmallow is installed on your device. But there is no need to worry because we have got 100% working solution to fix Screen Overlay Detected on any Samsung Galaxy J7 device.
Screen Overlay Detected error will usually appear while you would be installing a new app on your Samsung J7 device and this error will not allow you to open new app until you turn off screen overlay of all apps on your Samsung J7 device. Well, there is no need to worry because we have got the step by step solution with Screenshots to turn off Screen Overlay on Samsung J7 device.
We have got three solutions to disable screen overlay on any Samsung j7 device, so if solution 1 didn’t work for you then you can apply solution 2 and solution 3 and one solution will definitely fix screen overlay on your Samsung J7 device.
How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung J7?
In this solution, we will turn off screen overlay of all apps on Samsung J7 device. This solution will be same as turning off Screen Overlay of all apps on all other Samsung devices like Samsung S5, S6, Note 4 and for all other Samsung devices.
Screen Overlay apps are apps which can appear on the top of other apps such as Messenger Chat Head and many other apps. So turn off screen overlay of all apps first we will find apps which can appear on the top of other apps and then we will turn off screen overlay permissions of all those apps. Now follow settings to turn off screen overlay of all apps on Samsung J7 device.
- Open Settings on your Samsung J7.
- Scroll down to Applications option.
- Select the first option named as Application Manager.
- Now click on More situated at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Apps that can appear on the top.
- Again tap on More option and then click on Show System Apps.
- Now turn off Screen Overlay of all apps on your Samsung J7 device.
Once no app would be allowed to appear on the top of other apps on Samsung J7 device then further no popup with message Screen Overlay Detected message will appear.
This solution to turn off screen overlay of all apps on Samsung J7 device works for almost everyone and let’s hope that this works for you too. If this didn’t work then go for solution 2.
How to fix Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung J7 Prime?
Screen Overlay Detected error is caused due to some apps installed on your J7, so if somehow you come to know which app is actually causing this screen overlay Samsung S5 device then you just need to uninstall or force stop that app while you are installing new app on your J7 and Screen Overlay Detected issue would be solved on your device. So in this Solution, we will help you out to find out which app may cause this Screen Overlay Detected issue on your Samsung J7 device.
- All apps which can change the color of your screen can cause this Screen Overlay Detected issue on your Samsung J7 device. All night mode apps use this Screen Overlay feature to dim or bright the light of your screen, so currently if you are using any Night Mode Apps then uninstall or force stop all Night Mode Apps.
- ES File Explorer is majorly causing this Screen Overlay Detected issue on Samsung J7 device, so you need to disable or force ES File Explorer while installing new app n your Samsung J7 device.
- All Security and Booster Apps uses Screen Overlay feature to appear on the top of the screen and clean whenever you want, hence uninstall off security apps, cleaners, booster apps from your Samsung J7.
- Uninstall Apps such as 360 Security, Security Master, Clean Master, All Antiviruses and All DU Apps.
- These were just few hints, uninstall all apps which can appear on the top of other apps and your problem will be solved. This solution also work for Screen Overlay Detected Oneplus.
Screen Overlay on Samsung J7
If solution 1 and solution 2 both are not helping you out to fix Screen Overlay Detected issue on your Samsung J7 device then you can apply solution 3. In this solution we will reset all app preferences, this resets settings of all apps and hence this may mess up your device, hence think twice before applying this step. Follow below steps to reset all app preferences:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Apps
- Click on Application Manager
- Tap on More Option on top right corner
- Click on Reset App preferences
- Confirm your Action and Done!!!
So this was an easy and simple method to reset app preferences on Samsung J7. Resetting this turn off Screen Overlay on Samsung S8 will restore apps to their default settings and it won’t delete any internal data of apps.[toc]
So these were easy and simple solutions to disable Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung J7. These solutions had helped all our readers to fix screen overlay detected error on their devices and we hope that this had also helped you too. We would be glad to reply to further queries on Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung J7 in the comment section below.