How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4? You would see Screen overlay Detected popup on your Samsung Note 4 while installing a new app or while allowing for some permissions to apps. After the Android Marshmallow Updates Apps need to ask for permissions before accessing contacts, storage, and camera of your device and if Active Screen Overlay of any app is observed then a sudden popup with Screen Overlay Detected message will appear. Before jumping directly to the Screen Overlay Detected solutions let us discuss that What is Screen Overlay? Why Does Screen Overlay Detected Popup Appear on Note 4? On Which devices does Screen Overlay Detected error Appears and finally it will be easier for you to understand that How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4?
What is Screen Overlay?
Apps like Facebook Messenger appears on the top of other apps and this feature to appear on the top of other apps is known as Screen Overlay. Android doesn’t allow apps to appear on the top of other apps while any app asks for certain permissions such as contact, storage and camera permissions. If the newly installed app is asking for permissions and active screen overlay of apps such as Facebook Messenger, ES File Explore, DU Cleaner is observed then a sudden popup with Screen Overlay Detected will appear on your Samsung Note 4 device. This error won’t allow you to move further before disabling the active screen overlay of all apps.
Why Does Screen Overlay Detected error Appears on Note 4?
Samsung Note 4 is Android Marshmallow device and generally, Screen Overlay Detected error appears on Android Marshmallow devices. You need to follow Screen Overlay Settings to turn off Screen Overlay of all installed apps on your Note 4. You can even reset all app preferences to temporarily get rid of this error but rather alternative solutions are recommended. Now let’s see other Devices on Which Screen Overlay Detected error Appears.
Devices on Which Screen Overlay Detected error Appears
Screen Overlay Detected error would appear on all Android Marshmallow devices. 80% Of Android Devices are Marshmallow Devices and hence Screen Overlay Detected along with Note 4 would also appear on Samsung S5, S6, S7, S8, Note 5, Moto G3, HTC, Lenovo Devices, LG and on all Android Devices. We have got the Screen Overlay Detected Solutions for all Android Devices:
- How to turn off Screen Overlay on LG
- Screen Overlay on Moto G3
- Screen Overlay Detected on S5
- Turn off Screen Overlay Detected S6
- Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung
How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4?
We have got three solutions to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4. First apply Solution 1, in this solution we will manually turn off the Screen Overlay of all apps. Solution 1 must solve the issue on your Note 4, if it isn’t helping you out then you can apply for solution 2.
Turn Off Screen Overlay on Note 4
In this solution, we will turn off screen overlay of all apps on Samsung Note 4. This solution works for everyone and this will also work for you too. Sometimes system apps may also cause this error hence we will also turn off screen overlay of system apps. Follow settings turn off screen overlay of all apps on Samsung Note 4 device:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Applications
- Click on Application Manager
- Tap on More Option
- Select Apps that can Appear on Top
- Again Click on More Option and the Show System Apps
- Now turn off Screen Overlay of Apps on Samsung Note 4
So this was the solution to disable screen overlay of all apps on Samsung Note 4. This works for almost everyone and this must work for you too. But if it isn’t working for you then you can go for the Next Solution.
Screen Overlay Detected Note 4
In Solution 2 we will uninstall apps which are causing Screen Overlay Detected error on your Note 4. There are some main apps which usually uses Screen Overlay feature to appear on top of other apps. So you can try to fix this error by uninstalling all those apps from your Note 4. You need to identify which app is causing Screen Overlay Detected error from all below hints:
- All night mode apps use Screen Overlay feature to dim the light of your screen. So currently if you are using any Night Mode Apps then uninstall all Night Mode Apps, if you are dependent on Night Mode apps at night then force stop those apps while you are installing new apps on your Note 4 device.
- All Security and Booster Apps uses Screen Overlay feature to observe your activities on Screen, hence uninstall off security apps, cleaners, booster apps from your Note 4. Uninstall Apps such as 360 Security, Security Master, Clean Master, All Antiviruses and All DU Apps.
- ES File Explorer and Some File Explorer also uses Screen Overlay Detected feature, hence you can try disabling such apps too.
- These were just few hints, uninstall all apps which can appear on the top of other apps and your problem will be solved.
Screen Overlay Detected Samsung Note 4
In this solution, we will reset all preferences so that all apps will restore to their default settings. This solution worked for some of our readers but for some, this also turned out into the nightmare hence we do not recommend this solution. Mostly Solution 1 and 2 will solve your issues hence you won’t feel any necessity to apply this solution. Follow settings to Reset App Preferences on Note 4:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Apps
- Click on Application Manager
- Tap on More Option on top right corner
- Click on Reset App preferences
- Confirm your Action and Done!!!
So this was an easy and simple method to reset app preferences on Samsung Note 4. Resetting App Preferences on Note 4 will restore apps to their default settings and it won’t delete any internal data of apps.
- 1 What is Screen Overlay?
- 2 Why Does Screen Overlay Detected error Appears on Note 4?
- 3 Devices on Which Screen Overlay Detected error Appears
- 4 How to turn off Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4?
So these were easy and simple solutions to disable Screen Overlay Detected on Samsung Note 4. These solutions had helped all our readers to fix screen overlay detected error on their devices and we hope that this had also helped you too. We would be glad to reply to further queries on Screen Overlay Detected on Note 4 in the comment section below.