What is Screen Overlay: Hey Guys, Welcome to the Screen Overlay Detected Android Help Community!!! We are here to help you guys to solve Screen Overlay Detected error on your Android device. Nowadays Screen Overlay Detected is one of the most annoying error on Android Marshmallow Device and it will keep on annoying until you find an ultimate solution. Before going for Screen Overlay Ultimate Solution, you must know What is Screen Overlay? So that you can permanently turn off Screen Overlay on your Android device.
Screen Overlay Detected error won’t allow certain apps to launch, which makes the Android real annoying beast. Fortunately, it’s a pretty easy fix this error if you know what’s the main reason behind the scenes
What is Screen Overlay?
Screen Overlay is an advanced feature used by Android app that enables any app to appear on the top of other apps. Best Screen Overlay examples are Clean Master Instant Rocket Cleaner and Chat Head of Facebook Messenger.
Newly installed apps seek for certain permissions and if active Screen Overlay of any app is observed then a sudden Screen Overlay Detected Popup will appear on your screen. Now the question is what does it mean and how to overcome this issue.
Using Screen Overlay feature of chat head of messenger you can instantly reply to your friends while playing games and using screen overlay feature of Clean Master you can instantly clean junk file and background process of applications to increase battery power without launching the Clean Master.
So, if you install a new app and launch it for the first time while using Chat Head of Facebook, then you’ll get this Screen Overlay Detected popup on your screen.
Why And When Does Screen Overlay Detected Appear?
Screen Overlay Detected appears when you are installing any new app on your Android Marshmallow Device or it may also appear when you need to manually grant permissions (Such as Allowing App to use Camera) to any application on your Android marshmallow device.
According to Marshmallow Android Terms and Policies, you need to turn off Screen Overlay of all installed apps in your android device while accepting the permissions. Whenever you install any new App to your device then you need to accept certain permissions (Such as Contact, Storage, etc) and if active Screen Overlay of any application is observed then a sudden popup with message Screen Overlay Detected will appear:
Screen Overlay Detected:
To change this permission setting, you first have to turn off screen overlay from Settings > Apps
Reasons Behind Screen Overlay Detected Error:
- Screen Overlay may appear due to Clean Master App in your device. For a temporary solution, you can force stop Clean Master App while you are installing a new application or while you are granting permissions to any application.
- Screen Overlay Detected may also appear due to some Power Consumption App. You can also temporarily force stop Power Consumption app.
- In addition to security apps, it seems that apps that “boost” phone performance cause Screen Overlay Detected message to come up too. If you force stop or uninstall the any Security App and Performance Boost App like 360 Security, the screen overlay message will not come up.
- DU Battery Saver App and DU Speed Booster seem main victims behind Screen Overlay Detected popups.
- ES File Explorer is also one of the major victim behind Screen Overlay Detected popups for many Android users.
So, this was all about What is Screen Overlay? When and Why does Screen Overlay Detected Appear? and Certain Major Reasons Behind Screen Overlay Detected Popups. We would be glad to answer queries in a comment section below.